Christmas for the City FAQ's
What is it?
- A Christmas Party for the city that highlights the deepest values of people loving people.
- It is an unpredictable Christmas Celebration that ties in the various forms of arts: visual art (such as drawing, painting and crafts); performing art (such as dance and music).
- It is organic in that it strives to build authentic community through the beauty of serving, by making space for deeply felt personal and family moments, and by honoring those organizations that strive to better the community, all while providing an atmosphere of festive Christmas fun.
What can I expect?
- A Christmas Party. Celebrating with the community. Celebrating the beauty of the community as expressed through a very simple approach: "Love God, Love People."
- Meaningful Moments and Conversations. Celebrating the deeper truths found in being a part of a community.
What are the hours?
- Thursday, December 20, from 4pm-9 pm
Where is it and how do I get there?
- We're excited to use this new, fully renovated, beautiful space! The street address is 301 West Fifth Street, Winston-Salem, NC
Will there be an admission fee?
- Admission is free
Do I have to have a ticket to get in?
- No, simply drop by!
Will there be adequate parking for cars and buses?
- Closest parking is in the Cherry Street garage at the corner of 6th and Cherry. Enter from either street.
- You can also park in the parking deck attached to the Embassy Suites. Enter from either Cherry or Marshall Streets between 4th and 5th Streets.
- There is street parking on the blocks around the Benton and Embassy Suites.
- For a list of downtown parking garages, click HERE.
- There is not a designated parking area for buses.
Where do I enter the Benton Convention Center?
- If walking in, enter on Cherry St between 5th and 6th Street or on 5th Street between Cherry and Marshall.
- If parking in the Cherry St garage, walk across the pedestrian bridge on the 2nd floor
Will the event be handicap accessible for those with disabilities?
- The entire site will accommodate guests with disabilities.
Will I be there the entire five hours?
- It is an open house with no time requirement. You can take as long as you would like to enjoy the experience.
Will it require walking or standing?
- There will be a lot of walking with options to sit and rest.
Will you provide food & drinks?
- Complimentary seasonal beverages are provided. You may choose to share a simple meal together with friends, family and community at The Table, or we encourage you to dine at one of our downtown restaurants. Click HERE for a list of restaurants.
Will you provide childcare?
- Childcare will not be provided, as we encourage everyone to share in this experience as a family.
Are baby strollers permitted?
What should I wear?
- Please make sure you come comfortable. Casual and warm attire is suggested.
Will there be assistance for the hearing impaired?
- Deaf Interpretation will be available upon request. Please see a host at the main entrance and you will be connected with an interpreter.
Will there be Spanish interpretation?
- Yes. An interpreter is available upon request. Please see a host at the main entrance.
How do I find out whether or not the event is still taking place in the case of inclement weather?
- Check the Christmas for the City homepage (www.christmasforthecity.com).
How can I get involved?
- There are still opportunities to give back to our community during Christmas for the City. Click Here for Volunteer Opportunities.