CFTC 2017: December Agenda & Notes
Creating a meaningful Christmas experience for the whole community
- Tues, Dec. 12, & Mon, Dec. 18, 3:30-5:00pm: Final leadership meetings
- Tues-Wed, Dec. 19-20: Set-up Days; Tech Rehearsals in evenings
- Wed, Dec. 20, 6:30-8:00pm: Volunteer Service followed by Team Meetings
- Thursday, Dec 21, 4:00-9:00pm: The Party; tear down afterward supported by 1st Pres Students
THROUGHOUT THE BUILDING
1. Performing Arts: Throughout the building and out onto the sidewalks…13 performance areas! We’re still scheduling groups!!
2. Hospitality & Volunteer Experience: Better check-in scenario in the remodeled conference rooms on the lower level (close to the tunnel). Host every space of the block…divine appointments car-door-to-car-door
3. NonProfits: 55 are serving as table hosts and engagement guides. NEW & SPECIFIC TO CFTC VOLUNTEERS: Pathways!!
4. Zion’s Café & Concert Hall: Winston 1. Terrance’s next gen stage
5. Lumo Christmas Film: Winston 2. A 50-minute film shares the nativity narrative while flashing forward to Jesus’ life, ministry, and his death, resurrection and ascension. Showings at the top of the hour in English, Spanish, & Arabic.
6. The Living Room: Winston 3. Prayers, Worship, Art and Reflection
7. The Table: Salem Ballroom (where it was in previous years)…serving starting at 5pm
8. Santa: Santa is moving upstairs to the area in front of the large Christmas tree at the end of the upper hallway.
9. North Pole Village: Piedmont 1, 2 & 3 (lower level…same as previous)
10.Dessert & Coffee: Piedmont 4. Main Performing Arts Room
11.Gift Mart: Piedmont 1, 2, 3. Fri, Dec 15, 8:30am-7:00pm—set-up and gift drop off. Sat, Dec 16, 8:30am-8:00pm—GiftMart
- Load trucks at warehouse: Tuesday, Dec. 19, 8am
- Unload & Set-up at Benton: Tuesday, Dec. 19, 9am:
- Load trucks at Benton: Thursday, Dec. 21, 9pm
- Unload trucks at Warehouse: Thursday, Dec. 21, 10pm
1. PRAYER, PRAYER, PRAYER!!! Yourself, with your teams, walking the building, …
2. SIGN-UP: Please encourage people to sign up now for your teams: http://www.christmasforthecity.com/general-info
3. MARKETING: Three key pieces in addition to website and social media
- JOURNAL AD #1: a half-page, full-color ad began running in the Journal this past Sunday.
- JOURNAL AD #2: Inmar will once again underwrite a thank you ad to all of our CFTC partners. Be sure to track in-kind donations as well as all church & nonprofit partners.
- Banners & Programs: those same partners will be listed in other print material.
4. VOLUNTEER GATHERINGS:
- Volunteer walk-through & prayer: Wed, Dec 20, 6:30-8:00pm, Benton
- Survey goes out Friday, Dec. 22
- Debrief: Tuesday, Jan 23??? 6:30-8:00pm
5. TEAR-DOWN: First Pres students will once again support our tear down efforts. Be thinking about the number of students you will need for your area and how to break them down into teams.
6. SPONSORSHIPS & OFFERINGS: We’ve received $22,050 of our $35,000 budget. Be sure to track in-kind & sponsors.
www.christmasforthecity.com/give or text any amount to (336) 750-6555
For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21 ESV