The Non-Profit and Arts Experience
KEY FALL 2017 DATES:
Wednesday, Nov 8, 9:00-10:00am, Winston-Salem Foundation, Neill Board Room: Informational meeting for non-profits interested in being a part of CFTC2017.
Thursday, Nov 16, 10 -11:00 am, Benton Lower Level: Brainstorming meeting and facility walk-through for non-profits providing an interactive experience.
- Dec 1, Registration Due to be included in Nonprofit Book
Thursday, Dec 7, 10 - 11:00am, Benton Lower Level: Final planning Meeting.
Monday-Wednesday, Dec 18 - 20, 8am-8pm; Dec 20, 8am-5pm, Benton: Set-up anytime
Wednesday, Dec 20, 5:00-6:00pm, Benton: Orientation and meet & greet with other non-profits; stay for the CFTC volunteer service at 6:30pm if you'd like.
Thursday, Dec. 21, 4:00-9:00pm, Benton: Christmas for the City!!
THE NON-PROFIT EXPERIENCE AT CFTC: increasing connections among the people of our city serving one another in solidarity
With the outcome of "increasing connections among the people of our city serving one another in solidarity," the non-profit partnership at CFTC aims to be an interactive experience that will deepen our connection to our community and increase solidarity among all.
There are three ways for non-profits to participate:
- SERVE AS A CONVERSATION HOST: One very relational way to move into conversation is to host a table (or section of tables) for a two-hour block of time in The Table (the section of CFTC where the city is invited to share a meal together). For those who would like to participate, the opportunity to host a table in the meal area opens up the possibility of conversations and connections with a wide spectrum of people from our community.
- As a conversation host you also have the option to decorate your organizations table this year. The decorations would need to be contained to a centerpiece (max 18" in diameter and 8" high) to allow guests to eat at your table. Black tablecloths will be provided.
- PROVIDE AN INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE: There was a strong desire to “push” the non-profit experience out into the rest of the building. Non-profits are invited to host stations in hallways around the building with one prerequisite for participation: provide an interactive activity at your station that opens the door to community, conversation and engagement. These could be specifically service-based, awareness-building, or simply fun. (More ideas below)
- SHARE A SHORT INFORMATIONAL VIDEO: We have a limited amount of programming time in main concert room (Piedmont 3) to roll videos between musical groups. Participating non-profits are invited to submit 3-4 minute videos for consideration.