The LOVE OUT LOUD GIFT MART
URGENT UPDATE: Volunteers needed this Saturday to staff the Gift Mart sale, the gift wrapping stations, and the kids play area. CLICK HERE to sign up. Read on below for complete information.
Love out Loud will once again sponsor a Christmas For The City Gift Mart to serve the communities of our city. The Gift Mart provides an opportunity for parents to purchase, in a store-type setting, new and like new toys and gifts for their children (including tween and teens) at greatly reduced prices. Families who shop at the Gift Mart are referred to us through the non-profits with whom we partner.
HOW ARE FAMILIES IMPACTED?
Cathy’s granddaughter, Sasha, only wanted one thing for Christmas – a Frozen bike. It broke Cathy’s heart as she tried to explain that she just couldn’t afford it. But her eyes filled with tears of joy when she spotted a Frozen bike at the Gift Mart. Can you imagine Sasha’s delighted squeals on Christmas morning when she saw that bike under the tree?
WHY DO WE NEED YOU?
Without you, the Love Out Loud Gift Mart is just a name. It takes each business, school, team, church, organization and person that is willing to help to make us a COMMUNITY. It is only with the generosity, support and strength of this community that Love Out Loud is able to provide a hand-up to families in our city. Parents have the opportunity to purchase these gifts at such nominal prices because of our collective generosity and willingness to “pay it forward!”
100% of the money collected goes back into enriching the community.
WHAT WILL THE GIFT MART LOOK LIKE DURING CHRISTMAS FOR THE CITY?
We create a store-type setting for the parents to shop and choose a few gifts for each of their children. Upon arrival, parents check themselves and their children in at the designated area of the Benton. Parents shop at the Gift Mart while their children enjoy a fun activity. Parents and children reunite after the parent finishes shopping with all of their gifts packaged in holiday bags and ready to go under the tree
Won’t you help us love our city and our children this Holiday Season?
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
• COLLECT TOYS: Get your office, school, team, church, organization or neighbors to hold a toy and gift drive. We accept new and like-new toys and gifts. Please consider donating the kinds of gifts that you would give to your children. Many organizations provide toys for children 12 and under. Gift Mart parents can buy gifts for all of the children living in the home up to age 20. Please CLICK HERE to register as a Toy Drive site.
• DONATE WRAPPING PAPER: The Gift Mart Team needs Christmas wrapping paper, bags, boxes, bows and tape to wrap the hundreds of gifts that will be purchased at the Gift Mart. To donate any of these items, please drop them off at the Benton Convention on Friday, December 16th between 8:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Or contact the team at 336-618-7988 or email@example.com to arrange a pick up.
• BRING YOUR TOYS: Drop your toys off at the Benton Convention Center, on Friday, December 16th, 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. For drop off prior to December 16th, alternate Drop Off Sites can be found on this page. Or call 336-618-7988 to arrange a pick up.
ALTERNATE DROP OFF SITES:
Reynolda Church, 2200 Reynolda Rd., Winston Salem, NC
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. thru December 15th
Winston Salem First, 3730 University Parkway, Winston Salem, NC
Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. thru December 15th
Work Family Resources Center, 530 N. Spring St., Winston Salem, NC
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. thru December 15th
• SHOP OUR AMAZON WISH LIST: Order items from the Gift Mart Amazon Wish List. CLICK HERE for the Giftmart Wish List on Amazon, or follow this pathway: on Amazon select ‘List’, then ‘Find a List or Registry.’ Enter ‘LOL Giftmart 2016’ in the search bar. Your purchased gifts will be delivered directly to the Gift Mart Team. CLICK HERE for more on this great tool and how it's helping families!
• VOLUNTEER: Volunteer to work the day of the event or the prior days to help with set up. Roles include set-up, tear down, checking families in and out, helping families shop, bagging gifts, serving as a cashier, and creating a fun experience for the children while parents shop. Click the Volunteer Sign Up button on the bottom of this page for more.
• GIVE: Make a financial donation by cash, check, text or online donations. Complete instructions on mailing your donation or giving online or by text is found on the GIVING page of this site: www.christmasforthecity.com/give
Here are some suggestions:
Dolls/accessories (all ethnicities) Legos Tablets
Action Figures Bikes (will accept “like new” too) Skateboards
Dress-up, Make-up, & Spa Kits Remote Control Toys PJ’s/Slippers (all sizes)
Balls, bats, gloves Nail Kits (polish sets) Games (video, electronic, family)
Jewelry Wallets/Purses Ride-on Toys (Big Wheels)
Toy Kitchens iPods Teen Clothing (i.e. hoodies, etc.)
Digital Cameras Electric Razors Perfume/Cologne
Art Sets Jackets/Coats Matchbox Cars & Tracks
DVDs/CDs Axe Body Spray
For more information or if you would like to be part of the planning for the CFTC Gift Mart, please call 336-618-7988 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CFTC Gift Mart is sponsored by Love Out Loud, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EIN:47-4085418). All donations are tax-deductible. Learn more at: http://www.loveoutloudws.com/about/