For the past ten years, local churches, businesses and members of the arts community have come together to throw a free citywide Christmas party that features live music and arts performances, original work by local artists, a make-your-own toy workshop and, Santa Clause. Last year, 1,200+ volunteers welcomed over 10,000 guests for an evening of celebration and community at the Benton Convention Center in downtown Winston-Salem.
Now, as plans are underway for the eleventh annual Christmas for the City party and Love Out Loud outreach, organizers say the events are needed more than ever. The entire city is invited to this free Christmas party at the Benton Convention Center, 301 W. Fifth Street, on Thursday, December 20, 2018, 4-9pm. The Venue will be packed inside and out with activities for all ages including:
- A variety of community-wide choral and instrumental groups
- Kids room with toy workshop, arts and crafts projects and Santa Claus
- Multiple performance areas throughout the Benton Convention Center and out onto Cherry Street
- Poetry slam featuring local artists and musicians
- Opportunities throughout the building to connect with non-profits and ministries of our city
- The Table invites EVERYONE in the community to share a meal together in solidarity